Natural Gas Leaks

If you smell natural gas:

1. Leave immediately! DO NOT use your cell phone, switch lights on/off, or try to identify the source.

2. Go to the nearest area where there is no odor present.

3. Call Carrollton Utilities at 502-732-7055 or the Carrollton Police Dept. after hours at 502-732-6621.

For your safety, we ask that you do the following before the serviceman arrives:

INSIDE LEAK: Prevent all sources of ignition including the use of matches, the operation of electrical switches and telephone, and to evacuate the structure to a safe distance.

OUTSIDE LEAK: Keep all sources of ignition including people and vehicle traffic away from the affected area and evacuate to a safe distance.

CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY:

ALL HOMES SHOULD MAINTAIN WORKING CO DETECTORS WITH FRESH BATTERIES!


Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that kills without warning. It claims the lives of hundreds of people every year and makes thousands more ill. Many household items, including gas- and oil-burning furnaces, portable generators, and charcoal grills produce this poison gas. The initial symptoms of CO poisoning are similar to the flu (but without the fever); they include headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea, and dizziness. Click the image below for some important information on keeping your family safe.

If you suspect carbon monoxide in your home, please get yourself and any other members of the household to fresh air immediately and contact Carrollton Utilities at 502-732-7055 during regular business hours, Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours, contact the Carrollton Police Department at 502-732-6621. Utility personnel will be dispatched immediately.

For questions or to report problems: 502-732-7055