Carrollton Utilities provides either natural gas, water or sewer service to portions of Carroll, Gallatin, Owen, Henry, and Trimble Counties, including the cities of Carrollton, Prestonville, Ghent, Sanders, Worthville, Glencoe, Sparta, Owenton, Campbellsburg, and Milton. Several large industrial customers are served by Carrollton Utilities including: CertainTeed Gypsum, Dow Corning, PMC Organometallix, Nucor Steel Gallatin, Kentucky Speedway, North American Stainless, and Steel Technologies.
Natural Gas System
- 93 miles of steel high pressure main and 74 miles of plastic main
- 2621 services
- Annual thru-put of 9.3 billion cubic feet
- Annually treats and delivers over 250 million gallons of water through 37 miles of main
- Serves 1590 customers in Carrollton and surrounding areas
- Operates and maintains West Carroll Water District which serves about 1,000 customers in Carroll and Trimble Counties through 78 miles of main
- Utilizes groundwater supply via three production wells with a capacity of 1.5 million gallons per day
- Operates water treatment plant that includes, air stripping, lime softening, filtration, and disinfection
- Operates the Carroll-Gallatin-Owen-Henry Regional Sewer System serving parts of 4 counties and 8 cities
- Sewer collection consisting of 170 miles of sewer mains and 55 lift stations.
- Serves 3,200 customers including the Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky.