|Natural Gas Leaks
Whenever you smell natural gas in your home, outside area or in your community, you should call Carrollton Utilities 502-732-7055 during regular business hours Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
After hours, contact the Carrollton Police Department at 502-732-6621. Utility personnel will be dispatched immediately.
For your safety, we ask that you do the following before the serviceman arrives:
INSIDE LEAK: Prevent all sources of ignition including the use of matches, the operation of electrical switches and telephone, and to evacuate the structure to a safe distance.
OUTSIDE LEAK: Keep all sources of ignition including people and vehicle traffic away from the affected area and evacuate to a safe distance.
CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY:
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that kills without warning. It claims the lives of hundreds of people every year and makes thousands more ill. Many household items, including gas- and oil-burning furnaces, portable generators, and charcoal grills produce this poison gas. The initial symptoms of CO poisoning are similar to the flu (but without the fever); they include headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea, and dizziness. Click the image below for some important information on keeping your family safe.
If you suspect carbon monoxide in your home, please get yourself and any other members of the household to fresh air immediately and contact Carrollton Utilities at 502-732-7055 during regular business hours, Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours, contact the Carrollton Police Department at 502-732-6621. Utility personnel will be dispatched immediately.