|Office Holiday Closings
Thursday, November 28, 2013
DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING:
Friday, November 29, 2013
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
NEW YEARS DAY:
Wednesday, January 01, 2014
Monday, February 17, 2014
Friday, April 18, 2014
Monday, May 26, 2014
Utility Commission Meeting Information
The Utility Commission meets on the last Tuesday of each month at noon at the Carrollton Utility Office located at 225 Sixth Street in Carrollton, Kentucky.
The Commission consists of four members appointed by the Mayor. The current Commissioners are Ron McMillan (Chairman), William Welty, Greg Goff and Art Richter. All Commission meetings are open to the public.
Carrollton Utilities provides either natural gas, water or sewer service to portions of Carroll, Gallatin, Owen, Henry, and Trimble Counties, including the cities of Carrollton, Prestonville, Ghent, Sanders, Worthville, Glencoe, Sparta, Owenton, Campbellsburg, and Milton. Several large industrial customers are served by Carrollton Utilities including: CertainTeed Gypsum, Dow Corning, Arkema, Gallatin Steel, Kentucky Speedway, North American Stainless, and Steel Technologies.
Natural Gas System
- 78 miles of steel high pressure main and 58 miles of plastic main
- 2621 services
- Annual thru-put of 9.3 billion cubic feet
- Annually treats and delivers over 250 million gallons of water through 37 miles of main
- Serves 1590 customers in Carrollton and surrounding areas
- Operates and maintains West Carroll Water District which serves about 1,000 customers in Carroll and Trimble Counties through 78 miles of main
- Utilizes groundwater supply via three production wells with a capacity of 1.5 million gallons per day
- Operates water treatment plant that includes, air stripping, lime softening, filtration, and disinfection
- Operates the Carroll-Gallatin-Owen-Henry Regional Sewer System serving parts of 4 counties and 8 cities
- Sewer collection consisting of 170 miles of sewer mains and 55 lift stations.
- Serves 3,200 customers including the Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky.